Monday, December 22, 2008
Fire, fire, oh my
This morning as I was heading out to the fitness center I heard fire engine sirens. The County Fire Department is not far from us. As I looked up the street I saw a huge plume of very black smoke coming from the club house area. I called to T to tell him what I was seeing and he was hearing a local TV update about a fire on the mesa with a reported fully engulfed house. The house was at the on of the street across from the entrance to the golf course! I have walked by the house many times but could never see it as it was behind a huge fence. It was reportedly an 8,000 square foot house. No report yet on the cause. There are no fire hydrants in that area so they had to truck water in tankers. I am really glad we have a hydrant at the end of our driveway! The lack of a running source of water hampered the firemen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment