Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve


The younger cousins (children of P and K) made yesterday's dinner with contributions from the parents. M organized the team to make potstickers. She made the fillings (pork and shrimp) and the dough. Then she and cousin P rolled the dough and K stuffed the potstickers. They were excellent. K also contributed 2 Chinese vegetable dishes. She picked up the vegetables in San Jose at the 99 grocery store when they drove up to pick up #2 daughter,L, when she was diverted there (instead of Monterey) the other night. San Jose has the closest real Chinese restaurants and grocery stores on the coast. Unfortunately the deli section was closed so they couldn't pick up any roast duck, roast pork or chickens. They did pick up some cha-siu bao which were yummy! We contributed a caramel frosted chocolate chip cake for dessert.

D and I played guitar for a wonderful evening of Christmas carols. I made up booklets with a couple of dozen carols. I had emailed D the guitar music a few months ago. She had forgotten her guitar but C had brought down his old guitar so we had a spare. S has wanted to sing carols for years and she got her wish. Aunt L was in better shape than I had seen her in many weeks. She got into the singing. It was wonderful to see everyone enjoying themselves. A great time was had by all!

No comments: