Somewhere there is this tradition that for good luck, on the first of a month one should say rabbit, rabbit before saying anything else to anyone out loud. It's a little late in the day but rabbit, rabbit. Today was a wonderful day in SLO county. It started off a little drizzly but the sun took care of that by mid morning. After spinning, I took a walk and had this beautiful view of the Oceano dunes (about 2 miles as the crow flies) from the crest of the golf course just behind our house. The tree people came to finish trimming the cypress tree behind us. After they cut down the broken half, we could see that it was hollow through the middle of the trunk. Makes us wonder about the remaining part. Here's what is left...it looks lonely but pretty majestic.
The construction people came back this morning to finish repairing the exterior door from my bedroom and it looks good as new. There was some leftover paint in the garage and everything matched up perfectly.
This afternoon I spent another afternoon at the St. Barnabas thrift store, doing more penance. I don't know if one can stockpile penance but I'm trying. I really dislike working with other people's clothing. At least this week I did not have an asthma attack as I have the last 2 times I've worked there.

No comments:
Post a Comment