Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy New Year

Yesterday was a busy day split between exercising and cooking. The rebounding class was filled to capacity and after a few of the T'ai Chi students asked for a little review. I was able to help them out and practice my form as well for the day. I started the food prep the day before getting the drunken chicken dish made. After rebounding class I dipped and honey coated the Peking (Beijing) ducks and strung them up to dry for the afternoon before heading out for a blue tooth walk with Jane. I also managed to practice my Spanish with an on-line Spanish site.

We had a terrific walk catching up on each other's news and the time flew as usual even though my walk took me back and forth in front of our house. The workers were here again trying to weatherproof the exterior door from my bedroom. They wanted to get it completely dry so it was open and I didn't want to leave the house "wide open". The workers are coming back again this morning to try to seal up the door - we'll see. In spite of the repetitiousness of my path, I almost didn't notice it as Jane and I were engrossed in our conversation.

I haven't made Peking duck in a couple of years so it was fun to make the pancakes and see how they turned out. Everything was delicious. The SLO cousins are not in the habit of celebrating the Chinese New Year but they all declared that it was a great new tradition and we all want Peking duck every Chinese New Year! The cousins are off to Tahoe to ski for the weekend.

No comments: