We had a large storm last night with nearly 2.5 inches of rain and winds in the 60 mph range. Many people lost power again but at least there is no snow or sleet or freezing temperatures. We could hear the waves at our house which is about 2 miles as the crow flies from the ocean and up on a mesa. So we went down to the ocean to see how things looked. I took this video but it doesn't do justice to the size or sounds of the waves. We had a great walk along the beach and dodged the lapping waves. The waves in the video are along the horizon but unfortunately they don't show up well at all.
Last night we went to a concert by the Vocal Arts Ensemble http://www.vocalarts.org/. They did a program of early American music including Home on the Range and This Little Lite of Mine. They are accomplished and we really enjoyed the show. People came from all over the county on a stormy night. I was impressed.
I managed to finish a second matching valance, this one for the kitchen dining area. I did change the manufacturing process having learned many lessons from the first effort. This one was much easier and less stressful.
I had a wonderful surprise call from Diane who filled me in on all their doings and happenings at the church. I also heard from Chris that "Boo", my old car that she inherited, is having an ignition cylinder problem. Yikes! that's a new one for me - I feel so bad that she is having problems now, just after she got the car registered!
Jane and Dan report that they are onto stage 2 of their excellent adventure and have a wonderful condo on the water in Mission Bay, near San Diego.
Finally, reports from A Hand Up are that this weekend's delivery to Kim went very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment