
People around here sure like to party. People actually get dressed up in costumes etc. The woman in the picture takes my t'ai chi class. One of our neighbors had an open house yesterday afternoon and there were about 2o people there. We met a number of the neighbors on our street. Since the development is only 6 years old, everyone here is relatively new and almost everyone is from somewhere else - San Francisco, LA, Houston, Illinois, Colorado, Idaho, Washington State were some of the places folks said they were from.
Someone emailed this picture from our B-fit class which ended with a superbowl-mardi gras party. Almost everyone came in some type of costume - either super bowl or mardi gras. That's me on the left with a home crafted Patriots conference champion hat and Tom Brady jersey. The development's mardi gras party included a parade with decorated carts and costumed residents along the parade route. Now I know why I brought my purple pant suit with me! We dressed up modestly with purple and gold and beads. The party drew about 50 people. They said it was smaller than last year's. Food was great and we met even more people.
The thrift store is very good about turning away items it knows don't sell. I tried to give them a dictionary, thesaurus, polaroid camera (why did I bring them!???) but they said they wouldn't sell. I also tried to give them the incandescent bulbs we've swapped out. Again they said they wouldn't sell and didn't accept them. Freecycle.org is well and running in AG. I put all the items on Freecycle and got takers for all. Now we have to see if the takers actually show up! The dictionary and thesaurus have already gone. Now for the bulbs and camera. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment