Sunday, February 17, 2008

One valance done - Yay!

Well, persistence really does have its rewards. You'd think that making a lined valance would be easy-peasy for a seasoned sewer - well, you'd be wrong. After many rip-outs, I finally figured it out. One valance done only 6 more to go! I'm thinking perhaps I should modify the manufacturing somewhat but then again, there is something to be said for sticking with the completed product.


Jane and Dan are flying to California today. I got a message that their flight was delayed first 2 hours then 4 hours. I just checked and they did leave 4 hours late. We are very excited that they are coming to visit for a few days. They will be our first overnight guests.


At church this morning I met a couple visiting from Apalachicola, Florida. The woman's mother lives in Shell Beach, about 10 miles from here and she is celebrating her 90th birthday. They were enjoying the comparison of the two coasts. They really enjoyed the service and the little church.


On my walk this afternoon I noticed that the cherry blossoms or apple blossoms (I can never tell the difference) are in bloom. Could they have been out for a number of days and I didn't notice or could they have just popped overnight? Contrary to popular belief there are a fair number of decidous trees here and they are all beginning to bud.

No comments: