Monday, July 28, 2008

Things are aging

Things we brought with us are already beginning to age, even after being so careful to throw out so much stuff. The natural wear and tear takes its toll. We've had to replace a few pairs of T's jeans and a few short-sleeve t-shirts of mine. I'm a lot more aware of condition of clothing now that I've been processing clothing at the thrift store. Most of my clothing would be thrown out at the thrift store if I donated it. It's amazing how many things have small stains, frayed edges, tiny holes and are faded. It's a great excuse to clear out some things and make room for some new purchases. I bought new gym towels the other day because the fitness center is no longer going to provide them. It's a small gym and the owner has been laundering the towels every night which extends her work day by a couple of hours and she's already there 12 hours a day! I realize that we haven't bought much since our initial spending spree when we got here. We're not doing much to help out the economy.

No comments: