Monday, July 21, 2008
Loss of a friend
Today I learned of the sudden death of a friend. I worked with Henry for nearly 20 years. He worked with my brother, M, before I worked with him. He was only 58 and to my knowledge he was in great shape, watched what he ate and exercised daily. He was what we in the investment business call a "quant". He understood all that very heady quantitative financial investment research that I struggled to convert into laymen's terms for popular consumption by clients. He had a quantitative solution to just about any investment problem and was so well respected. For my last couple of years at work we had an interesting office design where we shared an office entryway that led to our offices that were side-by-side. I remember so clearly on 9/11 listening to him talking to a person in the world trade center when the planes hit. Then I remember him trying to track down his daughter who was in NYC that day. He was the person to call 911 for me when I had difficulty breathing one day at the office and had pain running down my arm. We went for many walks together and shared many stories over the years. I will miss him - he was a dear friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment