Sunday, July 20, 2008
Super size
When we moved to CA we got rid of a lot of things and have replaced many items. The other day I was folding towels. We did bring a few from CT. There happened to be a new set of towels beside an old set of towels and I couldn't help noticing how much bigger the new towels were. So I not getting smaller- the towels are getting bigger. Then I started noticing all the other things that have become super sized. The new beds we bought are so big that they tower over the old night stands we brought. The crock-pot is a huge oval one holding at least an extra quart. The replacement frying pan is ginormous; my desk takes up a whole wall; pot holders are almost twice as big; the kitchen counters are higher; the ceilings are higher and the doors are larger. Then there are the things that are shrinking - my listening device is a nano versus a radio twice as big; the cellphone is tiny; our cars are smaller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment