Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Retail World

The fitness center is trying to attract more clients and to offer some new class options. It's a small place with an aging clientele. People have said they want introductory classes for spinning and circuit training classes. The owner asked about best times etc. and put together classes but inevitably the people who ask for the classes don't show up. Sometimes others do come to give the new classes a try. I've decided I don't have the temperament to work in the retail world and it's a good thing I had skills in other areas! This Saturday the owner is having an open house and is having demos of all the classes. She's tried to get people to sign up to be part of the demos in each of the classes (10 minutes each). It should be interesting to see how many show up for the open house and the demos. I'll be demoing t'ai chi at 1:10 if anyone wants to check it out!

No comments: