Thursday, May 1, 2008

Learning about ushering

A while back T and I signed up to volunteer at the Clark Center in AG. We went for training at the end of March. Tonight is our first time to volunteer. Another couple in our development is also volunteering for the first time tonight. T and I read the training manual this afternoon and are ready with our "uniforms". This gig is costing us - Clark Center vest - $35 each, new black pants for T - $60. Fortunately I already had black pants and we both already have plain oxford style long-sleeve white shirts, black socks and shoes. The other couple had to buy shoes and shirts! Should be fun. We're ushering a high school choral concert, so I'm sure it will be packed and entertaining. We do get to watch the performances we volunteer at. Every two months they ask their volunteers to volunteer for 5 or more performances. They give discounts on tickets for varying levels of hours and performances worked.

No comments: