The dry season has started here in central California. I suppose to balance out the beautiful weather, California has the risk of earthquakes and fires. There have been a couple of fires already in LA county and one smaller one in Santa Barbara county. There are laws about clearing the brush around your home. In some counties the cleared space must be 100 feet and some areas 30 feet. Where we live we have green space that belongs to the Audobon Society. We aren't allowed to walk on the green space let alone clear the brush. The Audobon Society takes its property very seriously and last week they showed up in full force and cleared all the brush. They came about 2 months ago to trim all the trees. Now that the dry season is here, the brush won't grow until the fall and it only has to be cut down once.
Our landscaper trimmed the hedge around our property. One of the sprinkler hoses was spraying wildly last night, and we think he cut the hose while he was trimming. When I called to ask him to repair it I got the message that he was away until the middle of next week. Yikes! We had to turn off the watering system since it's all connected. I left a message and before I knew it, he called back from Mexico where he is visiting his mother for Mother's day. (I hear that Mother's day is always May 10th in Mexico.) He sent one of his crew today to fix it and in 5 minutes he had the system reconnected and running. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment