Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back in the swing

Yesterday I spent most of the day catching up with AHU things working with our team of pick-up and delivery leaders. They are amazing - contacting clients, arranging pick-ups all over the Hfd area, putting teams of volunteers together and making deliveries. There is a delivery planned for Saturday.

I also had to straighten out our direct TV bill and the Avis bill for the car I rented in Hfd. The tv bill was suddenly $40 higher than usual. Turns out the free offer for 2 premium channels ran out and they automatically started charging us for them. We never watch them anyway so I called to cancel. While I was at it I talked to them about the way our boxes are installed backwards with the HD box connected to a non-HD tv and the DVR connected to the HD tv in one of the bedrooms. It costs $100 to have them come out to fix it. They kindly offered to come out - no charge- to switch the boxes for us! What do you know- amazing.

Then I got a copy of my Avis bill on line and the rate was $25 a day higher than the rate I had negotiated. I called them too and found out that because I turned in the car a day early, they said I forfeited the rate I negotiated with them! I managed to talk them into reversing that decision and got a credit which took me back to the original deal. Man, I'm telling you, you got to watch everyone all the time!

My brother and sister-in-law have been keeping us posted on their travels up to Cape Cod from Florida. They are stopping in Brooklyn to see their daughter before reaching the Cape on Friday.

I went back to the fitness center today and got back into my routine of taking a class, practicing my t'ai chi and walking - yay!

No comments: