Friday, April 3, 2009

Beware the attack frozen spare ribs

We have a side by side refrigerator that came with our house. I had never owned one before. We also no longer have a free standing freezer. With just the two of us we really don't need to have that much food on standby. Anyone who has a side by side refrigerator knows the limitations of the freezer side of the unit. Especially if you don't have a separate stand alone freezer, everything has to fit into the freezer. The ice cube maker and thru-the-door water/ice cube dispenser take up a fair amount of the space as well.

I try to keep everything very organized, repackage the food to try to shape the packages so they fit neatly on the shelves in the freezer and take up less space. The other day I opened the freezer door, and I guess I had packed too much stuff on a shelf, or the surfaces of the bags were too slippery. A bag of rock-hard-frozen spareribs jumped off a shelf as I opened the door and slammed sideways into my shin. It hurt like hell and I thought it had broken a bone! I have a large bump/black and blue mark and have learned to open the door and stand back anticipating the next attack of frozen meat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're alright! Lots of ice on that one, shin bruises are always rough. *hugs*