Over the last week we have had a heat wave with temperatures topping 100 degrees (well not exactly here but all around us); we had a "norwester" with wind speeds nearly at 70 MPH; we had frost warnings just inland from us; we had 2 fires - one at a large nursery just down the road from us and at a church in Nipomo on the same night.
After the last story I heard about someone falling off a ladder and breaking something, I said no more ladders for us. I washed our windows last fall by myself but I do need to use a ladder since I'm so short. So this year I stuck to my resolve and got a referral for a window washer. Took the guy over 3 hours and he did a terrific job - better than I would do. He did windows inside and outside, screens, window sills and window frames. I was sure it would rain that day but it held off. It would have been worth it since we desperately need rain. That's the excitement around here!
1 comment:
I like your excitement better than ours--swine flu in the county just south of us. One school district is closed for the week!
Post a Comment