Tuesday, April 28, 2009

White feet

OMG! Okay so maybe Lindsay Lohan and I do have something in common - yuk!

Since coming to California I have continued my practice of walking about 6 miles every day. One of the problems that come with walking in our locale is "walker's feet" syndrome. K says it's really just a farmer's tan. The problem is my feet look like I have permanent socks on my feet. Normally this isn't a problem because I'm walking and I do have socks on and no one sees my white feet. It isn't really a "problem" as nothing is wrong however when I wear sandals or anytime that my feet are exposed someone always notices and makes a comment about my white feet. I guess it must be really noticeable. Funny how one doesn't notice things about oneself as much as one notices things about others. Anyway, I started to use some of the free sample of Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer medium/tan shade and it really sort of works. After about a week there is much less difference in shade. The only draw back is that the color isn't an exact match and also it rubs off a little where the top of my sock hits my ankle. So I'm continuing the application and hopefully soon folks won't be so disturbed by my "white feet"!

No comments: