
Last night T and I ushered at the Clark Center for the Glenn Miller Orchestra. I've always been a succor for the movie "The Glenn Miller Story" and since I don't like movies as a rule, that says something. Every year I watch it and have a good cry. My favorite song is "Little Brown Jug".
There was only one performance and it was a sell out. The average age must have been well into the 70s. What a difference it makes to usher with a mature audience. No reminders necessary about gum, food and drink in the auditorium. No texting, cameras, feet up on seats. Of course there is the added task of transferring people from their wheel chairs and telling them they can't keep the wheelchairs and walkers in the aisles (fire safety guidelines).
The performance was really terrific. They played many familiar tunes. The average age of the orchestra was mid 20s with a 70+ year old conductor. Lots of fun.
1 comment:
We just saw this same show in New Braunfels!
Post a Comment