Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On traveling

I'm scheduled to leave for Hartford this weekend for a week. Of course there is now this potentially "pandemic" H1N1 aka swine flu running loose. I considered making a mask but then I read that they really don't do much. Then I read that if you want to wear a mask that the N95 mask filters the air and is better fitted to the wearer's face. If you look up N95 masks on line you'll find that most of the on-line sites are already sold out. The local places where they might carry them are also out of them. So it looks like I will continue my practice of using some neosporin in my nose and take on a fresh full bottle of purelle, wash my hands at every possible opportunity, keep my hands away from my eyes, nose, mouth and wear a shirt that I can easily pull up over my mouth and nose if I come in contact with anyone who is sneezing and coughing in my vicinity and of course pray that I travel unscathed!

1 comment:

chinnb said...

I'm envious! Have a wonderful time and give my best regards to everyone at SJ!