Sunday, April 19, 2009
Barbershop chorus
Yesterday T and I ushered at the evening performance of the Gold Coast Chorus. Normally I really like to listen to the 4 part harmonies of barbershop quartet singers. This is a group of 60+ men with an average age of the mid to upper 70s I'd say. They sing as a large group and break out into quartets as well. We ushered the show last year. This year it seemed a little less well rehearsed and I have to admit I almost fell asleep a couple of times in the first half. The second half had a visiting female group called the Chicago Fire and they livened up the joint. The second half was all quartet performances and a little better. The group lost its conductor last year and a couple of the guys stepped up to conduct. That may have been why the group wasn't as good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had a musical evening on Saturday, too! Report on "The Wahooligans" soon to follow.
Post a Comment