Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to normal - sort of

While I was in Chicago, I tried to stay on west coast time. As it happened, daylight savings time ended while I was away, so I gained another hour (I think) while I was there, but I didn't know it because I was on California time. Then I returned and this morning I woke up at the new west coast normal time so I think I'm on the right time, but I'm not entirely sure! I made it to the 7:15 spin class. The spin classes have been really full since the beginning of October. They tell me it gets busy from now until just after the new year and then it gets less busy again. There are only 7 bikes. The rule is that when it's busy you have to sign up for class. If you're not there by 5 minutes before the class, someone else can take your bike. Haven't been bumped so far.

Today I held the November A Hand Up board meeting. I've held 10 telephone board meetings (I attended 2 in person)since we moved to the west coast. It seems to work pretty well. Accomplished a lot in an hour and a half.

At the same time there was a meeting held by the California Public Utility Commission regarding the water and sewer charges for the mesa. There have been repeated increases in fees for both and residents on the mesa were up in arms. There is another application for another increase which prompted the CPUC meeting to provide information to residents and to hear concerns. There were many people in attendance. T attended for us and was able to give me the scoop. The CPUC got an earful and will take all the information back and add it to their analysis before writing their report. Water and sewer are our highest utility bill by 3 fold!

No comments: