Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another beautiful day!

Today was a beautiful almost summer day with temperatures in the mid 70s even on the mesa! There was an offshore wind which brought in the warmer temps and the skies were bright blue and the hills and shoreline were clear and sparkling.

Thursday is grocery shopping day for me. The local Albertsons has many specials on Thursdays and sometimes has 8 hour sales on key items from noon to 8PM only. Things like chicken breasts and hamburger for 99 cents a pound. Cheeses deeply discounted as well as the usual ice cream, cake mixes etc. Today they had little live basil plants for 99 cents. When I was in Chicago, K had a new plant on her windowsill and used some fresh basil for her insalata caprese - yum! So I thought I'd try my black thumb once again. We'll see.

On my way to grocery shopping I swung by St. Barnabas and dropped off the many
toiletry items for the toiletry kits for the homeless that are put together every couple of months. The Dollar Store website had toothbrushes and nailclippers in bulk. I ordered nail clippers and toothbrushes. I had picked up deodorant and toothpaste on our last trip to Costco. The toiletries are put into cloth bags. I picked up some pre-cut bags to sew for the project. I used to make toiletry baskets by the hundreds twice a year when I was in CT.

T and I walked around the golf course, did some bird watching and watched a beautiful sunset as we headed west down our street on the way to our house.

No comments: