Friday, November 14, 2008

art show

Many of the residents in Cypress Ridge are very talented. The other day one of the residents had a show of her sculptures and her jewelry. Another resident makes very high end cushions ($200 to $500 per cushion!)and she had some of her creations on display as well.

I received an invitation via email to come and see the artwork and that it was taking place in the lobby of the fitness center. I conferred with T about whether he thought I should dress up for the showing. I was dressed for my afternoon walk and thought I'd stop in on my way home. T thought that since it was taking place at the fitness center that lots of people would be there to work out so I should be fine. I guess there is a lot of pent up need to get dressed up. This was a fancy do with everyone dressed up with bling and make-up and fancy duds. So I was the only one who didn't figure it out. I haven't figured out the west coast dress code yet. I may never figure it out. The artist was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable. Here is a link to her website: http://www.designsbypeggee.com/Peggees_web/welcome.html

No comments: