T and I were invited to an auction/dinner for the "Jack's Helping Hand", a not-for profit group that provides programs and help for special needs children. The event took place at the Santa Margarita Ranch about 30 miles north of us. It was about 20 degrees warmer there than here but pretty comfortable. The ranch has its own steam train pictured here.There were 32 silent auction items and 15 live auction items. You'd never know there was a recession going on. They certainly had the right people at the event - people who really wanted to support the organization. None of the live auction items went for less than $2,000. There were a couple of Welsh Corgi puppies that went for $4,300 each, a trip to Las Vegas on a private jet with a concert by Santana went for $30,000. A week in the Hamptons also went for $30,000. A catered event at the Hearst Castle with the founders of the organization went for over $40,000. Like I said these folks came prepared to help. I think they raised over a quarter of a million dollars.
1 comment:
Heavy hitters!
Post a Comment