Cypress Ridge Golf Course is an Audubon Signature Sanctuary. Our development is built around the golf course. The Cypress Ridge Golf Course is an 18-hole Peter Jacobsen/Jim Hardy-designed golf course on a 386 acre site. The type of cypress is the Monterey cypress. There are many trees growing in and around the course with some trees being over 110 years old. The Cypress Ridge website says: "The natural communities on the property are grassland/development, coastal dune scrub/chaparral, riparian/freshwater marsh, and eucalyptus/cypress windrows." We are near Black Lake Canyon Slough, one of the few remaining freshwater marshes in the area where many migratory waterfowl visit. We've been designated a "Sensitive Resource Area". The community completed a 45 acre re-vegetation project with the planting of over 18,000 native plants, over 1,200 oak trees, and over 19 acres seeded to back to original native plantings with native seed. The golf course was designated as a Certified Silver Audubon Signature Sanctuary on January 25, 1999.
The other day as I was walking around the grounds I couldn't help but notice the beautiful songs of the many returning song birds. I hadn't really realized they had gone until they returned. Shows how unobservant I am. They sure are a noisy bunch and now that they are back I'm enjoying the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment