Monday, January 19, 2009
Yin and Yang
Today was a day of yin and yang. On the yin side was all the hoopla around the inauguration and all the wonderfully uplifting pre-inauguration activities. On the yang side I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve three questions. The first was about my McAfee account (they can't find me but I keep getting updates)and I was on the phone with a customer service person in India for almost an hour. Second problem was to figure out how to get the facing on a kitchen cabinet repaired. The cabinets were custom made and are out of warranty. That took another hour. Finally, I got a couple of frantic emails and phone messages that the warehouse for A Hand Up was flooded because the sprinkler system got turned on. After a few phone calls, the property management company turned off the water and will repair the pipes tomorrow. We will have to throw out most of the softer furniture like sofas and mattresses and any linens that were not in plastic. Time to start collecting again. We'll have to put off delivering for a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am really sorry to hear about the troubles at A Hand Up. My condolences.
Post a Comment