Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The other side of success

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I started using a weighted hula hoop at the fitness center to test out the claim that if you hula hoop for 10 minutes a day for 30 days you can lose up to 3 inches on your waist. Well, as I reported I didn't lose 3 inches but I did lose almost 2. I've continue to use it and I'm now down just over 3 inches and many, many other people have started to use it due to the perceived success, so much so that I often can't use one myself because they are all being used. The fitness center has 2 hula hoops. I ordered one for myself and it arrived today. My thought is that I will put my name on it, hoping that will reserve it for my use if I'm at the fitness center but make it available to whomever wants to use it any other time. It arrived today, so I'll take it up tomorrow and we'll have to see if that works.