Last night I went to my first Spanish class offered by the Adult Ed department of the school district. There were about 35 people in the class. The instructor teaches Spanish II,III,IV and AP during the day and 2 conversational classes in the evenings - one for general conversation and one targeted to people working in the healthcare industry who need specialized language to deal with patients.
The instructor's wife was experiencing labor contractions so he was a little distracted to say the least. The class was 2/3 women and 1/3 men. The age ranged from early 20s to I'd guess late 70s. With 35 students you get quite a variety of personalities. I think they could do a reality show of adult ed classes.
The first hour was classroom practice, learning vocabulary, learning to pronounce the alphabet. Pretty typical first day stuff, days of the week, where are you from, what is your name etc.
The second hour was computer based. The instructor has a website at the AGHS. You access it through the Lucia Mars School district.
www.lmusd.org
click schools of lucia mars
click arroyo grande high school
clck classrooms
click spanish
click senor schmidt
I think it's odd that Senor Schmidt is teaching Spanish. His mother was in the class and sat beside me. She was on call as well if the baby decided to be born. She's taken the class before so she was helpful to me in navigating the website. There was no baby by the end of the class.
No comments:
Post a Comment