Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New T'ai Chi Students

I suddenly have a number of new people trying out my t'ai chi chuan class. I've tried to simplify the practice to get people more comfortable and interested in coming back and then once they get better at it they can actually practice at home.

A couple of weeks ago I took potstickers to the Sunday spin class as a thank you to the instructor. The class is at noon and it's not a fitness center sponsored class. It's just something the instructor does to pass the time on Sunday afternoon and a couple of us join her. She loves Chinese food, and she loves potstickers. As I've said Ihave scheduled a potsticker making party for September. One of the people on the list is the wife of a guy who was at the gym. He said he didn't want to make them but he was "sure" his wife would want to do it. Well, I'm never sure when a spouse speaks for their spouse what the real story is. So today I stopped by and met the wife, and she knew exactly what I was talking about, and said, yes, she was interested. They'd obviously spoken. After talking a bit she also said she was interested in taking the t'ai chi class as well. One of her neighbors was visiting at the time, and she said she was interested in taking the t'ai chi class. So I may have a half dozen new students! Wouldn't that be nice.

No comments: