Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Earthquake in CT not CA

The Hartford Courant website had this headline today - "Earthquake Shakes Deep River Area". The article said: "It doesn't happen in Connecticut often, but residents in the towns of Chester, Deep River, Killingworth and Ivoryton experienced an earthquake this morning..... Fox 61 Morning Show Meterologist Joe Furey said the U.S. Geological Survey confirms the earthquake measured 2.0 on the Richter Scale." Fortunately we have not experienced an earthquake in AG since arriving although there are little ones further north on a daily basis.


Today I did some exploring on my walk. I've been seeing this house from the top of the golf course with a huge splash of red and yellow in what would be the front lawn area. You can see the bright red and yellow right in the middle of the picture. So I went off in search of this house to see what it really looked like up close. Along the way I passed a beautiful avocado grove with this warning sign. I guess it can be a problem and very tempting to help yourself to an avocado or two. The sign says "avocado theft is a crime". After about 50 minutes I found the house with the yellow and red flowers in the front yard and this is what it looks like up close. You can just see the garage of the house at the top of the driveway. The entire section above the yellow flowers is all orange/red.

No comments: