Yesterday, today and tomorrow the Cal Poly men's golf team is having a tournament. It was the first day I saw how a very busy golf course works. At the golf club all the carts were lined up and ready to be used by the officials. The golfers looked like they were all walking and carrying their bags. There were groups of 4 heading out at specific times throughout the day. There were officials traveling with each group ( I think to verify scores etc.). There were some places where there were back ups. The last two days were perfect golf days - sunny, clear, just a breeze, temps in the high 60s and low 70s.
Today I went to SLO to buy some Chinese food items for the dinner we are having for the graduates of the first T'ai Chi class. The store owner was so helpful. There is a Chinese food store called the San Luis Oriental Market. It's the only game in town. I've been looking for brown bean sauce ever since I got here. I used to get it in WH all the time but the owner says he's never heard of it - he's got black bean, yellow bean, red bean, green bean but no brown bean sauce! I told him when I went back to visit WH I would bring him back a sample so he could show his distributor. Today he had some fresh Chinese broccoli. He says he isn't able to get it on a regular basis but he tells the warehouse to send it if they have it. I was lucky and got what I needed for the beef with Chinese broccoli on fried noodles dish.
No comments:
Post a Comment