Monday, August 27, 2012
Senior Luncheon
Another successful Senior Luncheon at church. It was a smaller than usual crowd about 45 people but those who came had a wonderful time. The menu was salad, spaghetti and meatballs with marinara sauce, rolls with butter and homemade brownies. I decided to buy pre-made meatballs this time as I was volunteering at the Family Care Network fundraiser yesterday and I didn't think I would have enough time to make my own. It turned out fine. Some people who didn't know that I had bought them said they were delicious. I made some vegetarian meatballs out of thawed veggie burgers. I was afraid that the home made brownies might have cooked too long but they turned out just fine. One 88 year old man said they were just like the ones his mother made when he was a kid and he loved them - eating 2 at the meal and taking another 2 home. Yes, there were plenty of leftovers and everyone who wanted a take home meal got one.
I heard many saying how much they appreciate the meal and how much they love the conversations at the tables and the food available to take home. As long as people are enjoying it, I love doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment