Sunday, August 5, 2012
Neighborhood rummage sale
Yesterday the neighborhood held a rummage sale - it's becoming an annual event with this being the 3rd one. I saw an ad on Craigslist for it saying come buy old people's stuff! The gates opened at 7:30 AM. My guess is there were about 40 homes selling things. I heard someone say that this is about 15 fewer than last year. Perhaps it will die a quiet death. It is a bit unnerving to have so many cars driving through the neighborhood from 7:30 to 3!
It's interesting that people stop at the gym looking for a restroom. There are no public restrooms in our facility. When people go tag sale shopping ordinarily I doubt they ask to use the bathroom at the sellers place. I certainly wouldn't let anyone in to my house to use the bathroom if I were one of the sellers. I'm uncomfortable with having strangers driving around as it is. While I was working out at the gym, there must have been 10 people who tried the gym doors (they were locked with access with card key) looking to use a bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment