Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy couple of days

Sunday M,O and I went to the Passion Sunday (not Palm Sunday - they did that the week before) service at 10 am and stayed for the forum which is about the history of the Christian Church. They were up to around 800 AD and this session took us through the Viking invasions about 1100 AD. Lunch was at a restaurant in Clearwater - bay scallops, salad, and of course key lime pie. We then took a tour of Clearwater Beach, not to be confused with Clearwater. It is a massive beach city where there were many pretty people and some not so pretty people sunny and doing many water sports. The sands are sparkling white and the water very warm so people were sunning themselves for real. It was sunny and less humid - we drove around with the car top down. Fortunately I had my sunscreen with me. We were going to stop at a local fair but the traffic was backed up at least a mile. Perhaps they were letting cars in as others left. Good thing we didn't go as we were all exhausted from the sun, and napped before heading to a Florida symphony performance back in Clearwater. We stopped for a late light dinner and got home around midnight.

We got up bright and early this morning to get to the airport in Tampa. Although I got there 90 minutes before my plane was scheduled to leave, I barely made my flight - 2 huge lines to check in and to go through security.

Meeting in DC went great and now I'm chillin' at the Ritz right next to the Galleria Shops. Awesome. I thought maybe someone important was shopping because as i walked around the mall there suddenly 10 men in black suits with ear pieces walking on the lower level very official like. Talk about conspicuous. I waited around a while to see if I could catch which dignitary it was but no one materialized. Perhaps it was a high end security thing.

No comments: