I returned on Friday from my fifth trip back to the east coast. This time I stopped for a couple of days in Chicago to visit our daughter and attend the wedding of my niece. My visit with K was wonderful. I took the easiest route into Chicago using the blue line train to Jefferson Park - only 5 stops! She and I got to Jefferson Park at the same time. She took the time off and we were able to visit, talk and eat together. We covered a lot of ground in 24 hours. She drove me out to the church for the wedding and picked me up after her afternoon and evening of showings.
The wedding was a terrific event - a combination Chinese Cuban event. The bride and groom did an awesome job of planning every facet of the wedding and paying for it all. They and all their guests had a wonderful time.
Then it was off to Hartford for A Hand Up board meeting. I also hosted an Open House for A Hand Up at St. James's Church in West Hartford for about 30 people. I was glad to see so many people and meet a number of them for the first time!
The rest of the time I met with friends, Elaine, Jane, Diane and Robin. We walked many many miles often dodging thunderstorms. I must admit the temperatures were pretty hot for this California girl and the humidity was a little tough to get through.
It was nice to go away but I was really happy to get home.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment