I've been home since Friday night. Saturday night T and I ushered for a show put on by a group called "Everbody Can Dance". They ambitiously put ballets for "Snow White" parts of "Giselle" and finished with a "Pas de Quatre" and something called "La Bayadere". I now say that not Everybody can dance or should dance. To add insult to injury we were told it would be about 1 hour and 45 minutes which turned into 3 hours! Plus I was suffering from jet lag so by 10:40PM I was wiped out.
Then on Tuesday we ushered for our local elementary school's 6th grade graduation. The place was packed and as you can imagine although everyone was supposed to have a ticket, some turned up without one. Naturally family members were irate. We soon figured out that a number of people had extra tickets and we started gathering those and redistributed them. Since all the tickets had been distributed we had a capacity problem, ergo the need to insist that everyone have a ticket. This was event ended up shorter than advertised however I personally don't think that balanced out the other show.
No comments:
Post a Comment