Thursday, May 20, 2010
Organic food
A couple of weeks ago we watched a PBS show called POV Food Inc. The show was an expose of where our food comes from and what happens to it. I never was much one for going the whole organic route. I guess I didn't really believe all the hype etc. After watching the show I have totally changed my view and have changed my shopping entirely. It is difficult to find true organic, grass fed meats and truly organically grown vegetables and fruits. It seems that to be truly organic fruits, vegetables and meats tend to be uglier and lots more expensive! I'm still trying because the movie really woke me up! http://www.pbs.org/pov/foodinc/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I switched to organic milk some time ago because I drink a lot of milk and don't feel I need either the hormones or the antibiotics. And, of course the veggies in the garden are all organic. (The compost pile in my garden is one of the larger entities!)
Post a Comment