Monday, June 14, 2010

The Bob Jones Trail





T and I headed out of the marine layer here at our house just up the road a few miles to the Bob Jones Trail. It's anywhere from 3 miles to 5.5 miles depending on what website you go to. My guess is it's about 4.5 if you start at the trail head on Ontario Road and go to San Luis Bay Drive and turn around and go back. The trail is full of wildlife and beautiful terrain. There are very old California oak trees. We saw two sets of nesting great herons in a beautiful eucalyptus tree. There were families of ducks, great white egrets, bikers, hikers, and families enjoying the warm afternoon. It was quite a tribute to our micro-climates that it was bright and sunny just a few miles from our house.

2 comments:

chinnb said...

I like the new look!

RSC in AG said...

Thanks. I took my cue from you!