Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Zumba

Last week I went in search of a dance studio that gives salsa and ballroom dance lessons. I came upon Dellos in town. They just opened a studio in a long vacant building. They didn't have what I wanted but they do offer other exercise programs. One of the programs is called Zumba. A number of friends on the east coast have been raving about Zumba and one of them has become an instructor. Caution - since she started teaching she has had many physical problems and a number of surgeries!

I made a false start as I misread the day the classes are offered. A friend of mine and I were all set to go last Wednesday. Fortunately just before I left, I re-read the flyer and noticed the class is Monday morning and Wednesday evening. Saved us a trip downtown. So we met again on Monday with three of us this time and took the class. It was a fun experience exerdancing latin style for an hour. I think once one gets the steps it's probably more fun. Have to loosen hips and torso to do all that latin swing and hip-hop moves! It's a nice alternative exercise class and I will probably go again. The price is right.

No comments: