Having lived on the east coast for many years, I never spent much time looking at the clouds. There were many days with either overcast skies or days with clouds of all sorts while the rain was trying to decide whether to start or not. On the central coast, other than the marine layer, we have many, many days of sparkling bright blue skies with nary a cloud in it. Yesterday there was a stubborn late season storm front lurking near the coast. When the marine layer burned off, these beautiful cloud formations made beautiful pictures against the startling blue sky. I then realized how I often take the clouds and their pretty pictures for granted.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
On taking the clouds for granted
Having lived on the east coast for many years, I never spent much time looking at the clouds. There were many days with either overcast skies or days with clouds of all sorts while the rain was trying to decide whether to start or not. On the central coast, other than the marine layer, we have many, many days of sparkling bright blue skies with nary a cloud in it. Yesterday there was a stubborn late season storm front lurking near the coast. When the marine layer burned off, these beautiful cloud formations made beautiful pictures against the startling blue sky. I then realized how I often take the clouds and their pretty pictures for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I lived in CT I forgot how big the sky is. In TX the sky is BIG!
Post a Comment