Saturday, May 30, 2009
On fabric cutting party
I have embarked on a project to design and make new coverings for the fitness center rebounders. After 2 versions, we have a pattern. It seems to work pretty well. The most time consuming part of the project is the cutting out of the pattern and secondly the serging of all the edges. Yes all the edges. There are 16 rebounders and I've completed 4. The owner of the fitness center pulled a small group of people together to help cut out the pattern and we met at the gym with 4 of us. We alternated roles, one pinning, one cutting, one serging etc. She bought us all lunch and we cut for about 3 hours and got 5 of them cut and 1 fully serged and ready to make. I figure if I make one a day, I should be done in a week and a half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment