Friday, May 8, 2009

Back from CT

I'm back from my spring trip east. Thank God for the church as I was able to see so many people at the coffee hour. I almost felt guilty as it was a great little party atmosphere and I got to talk to almost everyone and anyone who wanted to chat. I participated in the sandwich making after the 8 service and felt like I was "holding court" at the coffee hour after the 9:30 service. Many a day I had 2 or more walking dates with various friends. I had coffee dates, lunch dates and dinner dates. We had an AHU board meeting and held a couple of interviews. On Thursday J took me to the Hillstead Museum in Farmington and we had a personal 1 1/2 hour tour. It is only just over 100 years old but it is in fabulous condition. Theadate stipulated that nothing was to be lent out from the museum so there are many pieces that you will only see there. It was wonderful being in CT and seeing old friends but it is wonderful to be home again.

1 comment:

chinnb said...

More details about SJ? Shoot me an email!