Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another friend passes

I heard that another of my colleagues from my bleaker days in my career passed away late last month. Jim Bungerz (http://obit.grayfuneralhomes.com/obit_display.cgi?id=586239&listing=Current&clientid=grayfuneralhomes) joined the investment arm that was called Time Square Capital Management. They were the outside investing arm for CIGNA in the late 90s. During the time when it seemed everything in my life was in disarray - my parents were failing and then died, my in-laws were failing and then died, my sister-in-law was failing and then died, my career was changed as part of a reorganization and I started working for "evil" people and with poor leadership. As a portfolio manager for inside assets I needed all the help I could get. As you can imagine, TSCM was not keen on spending much time supporting us as we didn't bring in any revenue for them. Jim was the exception and always spent quality time providing top class research and service for me and my portfolios. He also had a great sense of humor and was an outstanding human being. Jim died from ALS. He kept a positive attitude right til the end. What a terrible disease! I will miss him.

No comments: