The economy is affecting many businesses and services here. The lamp store where we had two pewter lamps restored and rewired is closing its doors after over 50 years in business. The building they leased is being torn down. They were planning on closing next year anyway and the demolition moved up their plans, since moving the business would have been costly. The glass place that perfectly matched the glass in our coffee table (broken during the move from CT), is closing its AG store for economic reasons. My guitar teacher isn't continuing classes in AG because of the price of gas. He comes from the north county and it isn't cost effective (or time effective). So Monday was the last group guitar class with him. I learned quite a lot and will continue to download songs and may contact him for occaisonal one on one lessons.
I created a new shorter form (the equivalent of 10 forms) t'ai chi exercise routine for the clients at the fitness center that hopefully will work better for the types of clients they have. The 24 forms is too long and complicated for many of these folks. This is a hit and run group and they want to come in and take a class but not "learn" the routines with practice on their own. Hopefully they will like it well enough and with some encouragement may want to take the 24 forms. I am working on shorter forms that I can teach in a single class.
T and I ushered again at the Clark Center this time for the local middle school (the one near our house) band and guitar concert. They don't introduce instruments until the 7th grade. We are so spoiled with the quality of the music program from WH where the children pick instruments in the 3rd and 4th grades.
No comments:
Post a Comment