Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tribute to the Beach Boys

Last night T and I ushered at the Clark Center for a show put on by the "Surfin Safari" group http://www.surfinsafariband.com/. The show was packed and it was another night where the audience was revved up for a good time. They sang all the classic Beach Boys songs and a couple of other from the era by other artists - Kingston Trio, Ventures.

The harmonies were not as tight as I remember the BB to be but T reminded me that the records were mostly studio songs where the harmonies can be mixed electronically. They gave the audience a good show. The audience ranged in age from I'd say around 6 to may 100??? okay maybe not that old but around here you never know. They were all singing along and clapping and even a few were dancing (me included).

On a sad note, Mary Lee Clark passed away a few days ago. She and her husband, Clifford Clark, thought up the concept of the Clark Center and raised the money to have it built and set it up to maintain itself into the future.

No comments: