Sunday, August 28, 2011

When a hurricane goes up the east coast....

Hurricane Irene has been heading up the east coast since Thursday. We left Connecticut because of the cold winter weather, icy slippery roads, the hot humid summers and the never ending utility bills and off course hurricanes. This past week Connecticut experienced some rumblings from an earthquake in Virginia and the last 2 days the impending and then striking hurricane. It did feel good to be over 3,000 miles away but we still are so connected with people on the east coast that we followed the storm and the reports from various areas of the earthquake! I was glad to hear that overall our family and friends are okay with some minor inconveniences (easy for me to say) of loss of power, cable, internet, cell etc.; some basement flooding and lots of preparedness. I am still grateful that we moved and although we still followed it from afar, I was glad to be out of the way of the hurricane and earthquake (although we have plenty of those of our own to contend with.)

No comments: