At the senior luncheon on Monday I made too many carrot cakes. Even with their immense appetites for sweets they didn't finish the cakes. There was a whole cake left over. We decided it would be a wonderful treat for coffee hour after the early service. We called the people signed up to host and they were thrilled. As I posted earlier I opened the church on Sunday and the turkey incident pushed this incident out of my brain until just now. The set up crew arrived as I opened the kitchen. They went in search of the carrot cake with great glee but lo and behold someone had taken the sweet treat and left nothing but an empty pan on the counter! Now, who would do such a thing. I can only hope they were really hungry and that they enjoyed it. There were many disappointed coffee hour people.
Monday, August 1, 2011
The grinch who stole the carrot cake
At the senior luncheon on Monday I made too many carrot cakes. Even with their immense appetites for sweets they didn't finish the cakes. There was a whole cake left over. We decided it would be a wonderful treat for coffee hour after the early service. We called the people signed up to host and they were thrilled. As I posted earlier I opened the church on Sunday and the turkey incident pushed this incident out of my brain until just now. The set up crew arrived as I opened the kitchen. They went in search of the carrot cake with great glee but lo and behold someone had taken the sweet treat and left nothing but an empty pan on the counter! Now, who would do such a thing. I can only hope they were really hungry and that they enjoyed it. There were many disappointed coffee hour people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment