Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ladies Who Lunch and other things

The lunch attendance has been slipping but I noticed that cake seems to bring them back. I promised a cake and we had it on Tuesday. There were 9 wonderful ladies who came for lunch. With the help of some very obliging men golfers we finished the entire cake. I actually made a half cake for us to have at home and made a baker's dozen of cupcakes.

I took some of the cupcakes to the church for their Wednesday after eucharist breakfast and got many thank yous. The older generation really loves their sweets.

The latest t'ai chi class is in the second week. 10 people signed up but only 6 people showed up. Pretty typical. Of the 6 only one has never taken tai chi before. He is at a distinct disadvantage. To add to these difficulties he is very hard of hearing. It's going to be quite a challenge.

No comments: