I did my usual Saturday routine of spinning, hooping and housecleaning before heading out to do other chores.


Our landscaper pulled out our dying purple lantana and replanted the beds with 25 new red/orange/yellow multicolor lantana plants and dressed the bed. They also planted a new hydrangea, transplanted a bunch of other plants and put in some new agapanthos (California lilac).I have been obsessing about replacing our furnace airfilter and I managed to pull out the old one (it's in the ceiling) but the replacement I had wouldn't fit. I always seem more obsessive about things I can't do by myself! This is complicated by the fact that we don't have a tall ladder (remember we decided not to do ladders anymore). I bought a filter that would fit but because T and I are on the short side I enlisted the help of a very tall neighbor and he was able to install it in no time. It would have taken much wrangling and probably nashing of teeth if we tried to install it ourselves. Hooray for wonderful neighbors.
While I was shopping I also stopped at the church to take out a frozen carrot cake (remember the case of the missing carrot cake - this was a clone cake that I had frozen). Hopefully this one will last until tomorrow morning for the coffee hour.
This week we are having the Womenade potluck dinner and we are collecting school supplies. Walmart is having a terrific sale on the items requested so I was able to bring home a wonderful collection of needed items.
So as you can see, it wasn't such a lot that got accomplished by me but it felt good so I'll take credit for it all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment