Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shopping done?

Since last year our family has not exchanged gifts at Christmas. Most of the family has stopped exchanging birthday gifts as well. I like to remember birthdays as my way of remembering the person on their special day. This year we received a package from my sister. She claims it's just a small gift to let us know she's thinking of us - hmmmm. Then I received a gift from my brother in Florida who says it's a belated birthday present - hmmmm. So I am in a quandary what to do. We adopted a family in Appalachia and bought things from their list. We also adopted a hospice for babies and children and gave them things on their wish list. I went out yesterday to finish off the Christmas shopping with little items for some of my new girlfriends. It seems to be a tradition around here. I hope that I'm done with the shopping at this point. We have a Christmas open house to attend today and we are hosting the cousin's family tomorrow for pre-Christmas. Their kids are home and their house is being renovated so we are doing entertaining here - yay!

1 comment:

chinnb said...

Besides, there is a huge snowstorm on the way! (not)